|Home > Installation > Skyline Premium System Requirements
Skyline Premium System Requirements
Server Hardware and Operating System
It is highly recommended that Skyline be installed on a dedicated Server. Some of the Skyline processes, such as the creation of PDF’s, can create peaks in CPU demand and RAM requirements. If other applications were to be loaded on the same server, this could result in CPU resources or RAM not being available at the times Skyline needs them, and could result in intermittent errors.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 32 or 64** bit or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 32 or 64** bit
- 2 Gb of server class RAM minimum, 4 Gb recommended
- 2.5 GHz processor or faster. Multiple processors are supported
- CD or DVD drive
**Note: When using 64 bit, Skyline must be run in 32 bit mode.
The i386 directory should be copied from the Windows installation disk to the server’s Data Drive
VMware Server is supported as long as the required CPU and RAM resources are allocated to it
It is important for on-going technical support that all High Priority Operating System updates are applied at all times.
Separate hard disks would be preferred for the operating system and the Skyline application. For hardware resilience, Raid 5 disks would be recommended if this is a business critical application. Skyline can run on a server with a single disk, but this is not recommended. The Skyline Data store can be moved to external storage after installation.
- System Drive: 20 Gb minimum. 10 Gb minimum free space for initial installation
- Data Drive: 500 Gb or larger. The storage size depends on customer requirements
The following applications need to be installed before installing Skyline. The installation program will check that these are installed before allowing the Skyline installation to proceed.
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007, fully activated and with all latest service packs and security updates. The Microsoft Office installation procedure must be followed exactly. Access to the Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 installation files will be required during the installation of Skyline. This disk should be left in the disk drive or copied to the Data Drive.
Skyline needs a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 to be installed on the web server because it is used during the conversion of uploaded Office document to PDF. Skyline will work with Office 2003 or Office 2007. There are several versions of Office 2003 and 2003. Only the Standard version of Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 is required for Word, Excel and PowerPoint files, but if Microsoft Publisher files are expected to be converted Microsoft Office Professional or Enterprise will be required. Microsoft Office 2007 is recommended over Office 2003 because it can convert earlier versions of Office documents.
The following applications will be installed by the Skyline installation program if they are not present.
- Microsoft SQL 2005 Standard or Express with the latest service packs (currently SP2) . A new instance of SQL called Skyline will be created during the installation.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for checking PDF's during the installation. This can be installed later if no longer required.
- Microsoft SQL Management Studio Express. This component would be required to view and backup the database.
It is important for on-going technical support that all Application updates are applied at all times.